I tweeted a similar a couple weeks ago when I went out to celebrate a friend’s birthday and had some requests to do a tutorial on this look. This is a dramatic and glamorous look that I only wear when I’m going out with my friends at night. I have never attempted a YouTube tutorial but I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to get My Dressy Ways out on YouTubeland!
Because I’m NOT a makeup guru, a look like this takes me 45 minutes to achieve. I take my time and layer color on my eyes until I feel like I’ve achieved the right amount of drama.
With eyes this dramatic, I also love glowy cheeks and glossy nude lips.
Friends, I spare you no wrinkle or blemish. I can’t believe I put myself out there completely bare-faced!
Please view my video and leave me some comments and likes to let me know what you think! Videos are definitely much harder and longer to edit than blog posts, whew! I don’t know HOW the gurus do it! Much props to the pros! Without further ado, go and show me some YouTube love!
- Primer – Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- Shimmery white shadow – Sephora eye shadow in Aspen Summit
- Moss green shadow – Coastal Scents 88 Warm Palette
- Matte black shadow – MAC in Carbon
- Eyebrow Kit – E.L.F Eyebrow Kit in dark
- Black Liquid Eyeliner – Physicians Formula Eye Booster Ultra Black
- Black Pencil Eyeliner – Milani Liquif’eye 01 Black
- Concealer – Garnier Skin Renewal Anti-Dark Circle Roller
- Fake Eyelashes – E.L.F. Dramatic Eyelash Kit
- Strip adhesive – DUO Brush on Adhesive with vitamins
- Foundation – Revlon PhotoReady in Natural Beige
- Bronzer – Milani Baked Bronzer in Golden
- Blush – NARS Orgasm
- Highlighter – vanilla colored eyeshadow with shimmer, ULTA in Silk
- Nude lipstick – NYX round lipstick in Pumpkin Pie
- Nude lipgloss – Sally Hansen Lip Inflation Color-Full in Flaunt, discontinued but check eBay!
- Foundation Brush – Essence of Beauty
- Large eyeshadow brush – Revlon
- Medium eyeshadow brush – ?
- Eye crease brush – BedHead
- Blending brush – Sonia Kashuk
- Angled eyeliner brush – Eco Tools