– faint fragrance – a lot of people complain about the scent of both, but it actually doesn’t bother me that much
– Hope in a Jar is a WONDERFUL quick absorbing moisturizer
– the cleanser removes make up easily and thoroughly
– only a MINUTE amount of either product is needed (making it last FOR.EVER.)
– Cost $58 out of pocket each time
– no SPF (this is kinda a biggie, but I use a foundation with SPF)
– Um. Can’t think of anything else. 🙂
Pretty much same pros and cons as I listed for the Philosophy products except I’d have to say I use more product to achieve the same results as the Philosophy products. Price is a huge PRO. At $20.99 out of pocket each time, I don’t cringe as much. I’ve been pretty happy with both of the Aveeno products. Again, I’ve used the moisturizer before so I was familiar with it. It got me through the winter months! I love that it is light and has a very light fragrance. I can’t stand things that are too perfumey going on my face. The cleanser has been wonderful. I hate the tight, dry feeling after washing my face and the Aveeno Ultra-Calming does NOT do that. (Neither does the Purity Made Simple.) Make up comes off very easily as well. That’s a good thing, right?
So I am about out of both of these Aveeno products and am ready to make my next purchase.
Here’s my calculations:
Philosophy: 9 months = $58, or $77.33 a year
Aveeno: 4 months = $20.99, or $62.97 a year
What do you think? Interesting, right? Believe when I say, I just did that. Didn’t do this prior to posting this blog. Huh. I’m baffled. Guess I was right after all. Philosophy IS worth the extra bucks. Hmm. Now what? Plus, I get points for Sephora purchases.